Our Privacy Pledge
Member Information We Collect
We collect only relevant information about members in order to establish and maintain your account and services as the law allows or requires us to collect. We may collect personal and financial information about you which is non-public (member information). The member information we collect varies depending on the accounts and services you request and use. We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Application Information. We retain personal information we receive from you on any application you provide to us for membership, deposit accounts, EFT services, loans and other Credit Union services. Application information includes: your name, address, e-mail address, social security number, birthdate, phone number, drivers license number, employment, financial status, and credit history.
- Your Transactions. We retain your transaction information any time you perform a transaction on one of your accounts, including ATM or debit card transactions, loan advances, transactions over the telephone or at the credit union office. Transaction information includes your account number, the date, the amount, and the location of your transaction.
- Credit Reports. When we evaluate your application for an account or service, we may request a credit report about you from a consumer-reporting agency. We retain the personal and credit history information about you and we may use it to evaluate future account service requests.
- Online. We obtain information online when you visit our website, www.cowlitzcu.com. This includes retaining information you provide us on an online application or by e-mail.
Our Sharing Member Information
In order to provide financial services to you, we share certain information about you with our third party service providers. However, we limit any information sharing to the extent necessary to service your account or offer new services to you. If we share your information, it is with the goal in mind of bringing you quality services, more choices and greater convenience. Information we may have about former members is shared or disclosed only if it is required to enforce or administer an account or is required by law.
Sharing Information with Third Party Service Providers. In order for us to conduct our operations, including servicing your account and processing your transactions, we need to share information with our service providers, including: data processing companies, check, ATM, and other payment processing companies, payment networks, loan service providers, insurance companies, collection agencies, and credit reporting agencies. These service providers act on our behalf and have agreed in writing to keep the member information we provide to them confidential. We share the following categories of information to third party service providers depending on the specific services provided:
- Personal Information(name, address, account number)
- Account Information (type of accounts, account balances, transaction history)
- Transaction information dates, amounts, locations and type of transactions)
We do not sell member information nor share your account numbers with independent third party marketers offering their products and services. While we may assist in offering the financial services and products of our third party service providers, we control the member information used to make such offers.
Sharing Information as Legally Required or Permitted. We may share any member information of yours in response to a lawful request issued by a court, government agency, or regulatory authority or as permitted by law in order to administer or enforce your account. We may also share our experience information about you with credit bureaus. Our reporting to credit bureaus is governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which affords you the right to make sure that your credit reports are accurate.
Our Confidentiality and Security Safeguards
We maintain strict policies and security controls to assure that member information in our computer systems and files is protected. Our employees are permitted access to member information that they may need to perform their jobs, to provide service to you, and as necessary to conduct a transaction or respond to your inquiries. All employees are trained to respect member privacy. No one except our employees has access to our computer system and records storage. The Credit Union has established internal security controls, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information you provide us and the information we collect about you. We will continue to review our internal security controls to safeguard your member information as we employ new technology in the future.
Online Privacy Protections
Protecting Children’s Information Privacy
Our online financial services are not designated for or directed towards children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect data from children and we do not knowingly market to children online. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and online privacy is important and that responsibility rests with us and with parents.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, contact us by calling (360) 425-7570 or toll free 1(888) 425-8845, sending us an e-mail at email@example.com, or writing to us at: Cowlitz Credit Union, PO Box 307, Longview, WA 98632.