Cowlitz Credit Union was
established in 1956. The Credit Union was created to provide financial services in a democratic, not-for-profit, cooperative manner. As a member (depositor), you are an owner. There are no outside stockholders. The Board of Directors consists of members who have been elected by fellow members.You and your family members are eligible to join the Credit Union if you meet the membership criteria. Membership in Cowlitz Credit Union is open to:
- All Federal, State, County, and Municipal employees of Cowlitz and Wahkiakum Counties,including school employees.
- Anybody living or working in Cowlitz County.
- Employees of PeaceHealth.
- Members of Teamsters Local #58.
- All persons who live,work, worship, or go to school in “qualified communities,” described as school districts within the State of Washington as recognized by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Relatives of eligible members.
Applying for Credit Union membership is easy. All it takes is an initial deposit of $25.00, which establishes your partial ownership of the Credit Union.